Interested in joining one of the most practical and inspiring teams in publishing today?
Join our small, friendly team and discover a new type of publishing company, where everyone works from home and gets the work done in a way that best suits their own schedule, with regular real-time and asynchronous catch-ups powered by an industry-leading cloud-based IT infrastructure.
If you value flexibility, autonomy and initiative, and if you DON’T value commuting, endless meetings and office politics, we might just be perfect for each other.
We welcome applications from anyone with a right to live and work in the UK.
Marketing Manager (download PDF version here)
(full time, remote working), £32K pa
Practical Inspiration Publishing, an independent publisher of business books working in partnership with businesses and organisations around the world with both author-pays and traditional publishing models, is seeking an organised and experienced marketing manager to promote its growing list of business and self-help books in the trade and beyond.
Working closely with the Director, you will deliver tailored marketing campaigns for new titles as well as promoting the backlist and the brand more generally. The role demands strong communication and interpersonal skills, creativity and flair, as well as an ability to work well under pressure on a variety of projects.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Create and deliver an effective marketing plan for each title (c.30-35 per year)
- Liaise with reps internationally, providing weekly marketing updates
- Develop and present pitches to journalists and others for articles and features (in partnership with publicists where necessary)
- Write and edit content for print and digital marketing, including press releases, blurbs, back cover copy, Amazon A+ and social media posts
- Advising authors on building/optimizing their social media presence and platform
- Help to manage the brand family’s social media accounts (Practical Inspiration, Alison Jones and The Extraordinary Business Book Club)
- Manage paid ads across social media and Amazon
- Initiate and maintain relationships with partners, key influencers and customers, ideally beyond traditional routes into the corporate and/or events space.
The successful candidate will have:
- Two or more years’ experience in a marketing role in trade, professional or academic book publishing, preferably in business books and/or self-development.
- Good press and partnership contacts in the industry.
- The ability to multitask and work to strict deadlines with accuracy and flair.
- Excellent creative and editorial skills, as well as a keen eye for detail.
- Strong IT skills – experience with Microsoft Office and bibliographic systems, as well as cloud-based task management systems, CRM systems and email marketing.
- Confidence to manage a wide range of projects and to liaise directly with authors.
- Experience using social networking and online media as marketing and advertising tools and in organising speaker events and book launches.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident self-starter with strong personal organisation skills.
The role is fully home-based, with occasional travel for in-person meetings in the UK and other travel as required by the role (eg to events, launches). Only those with the right to live and work permanently in the UK should apply.
If you think we might be right for each other, please send CV and cover letter to Shell Cooper (email@example.com) by 19 August 2022.